1. What fad or trend do you hope comes back?
I can tell you about one that shouldn’t come back, flared bell-bottom pants, gosh I think we’ve worn them so much in college, I could never put another pair back on!
2. Three items in your closet that you’ll hold onto forever…
Well, I am Indian, so one of them has to be my grandmom’s saree, its been hand embroidered with pure silver, a vintage Buccellati bracelet that my mum passed down to me and a charm bracelet my sister gifted me. All classic eternal pieces which can be styled with effortlessly. It also reminds me of the strong women in my family who influenced me.
3. Where would you go if you could snap your fingers and transport to a different place?
Any Bill Bensley property in South East Asia, his design sensibilities are unmatched for me currently.
4. What is the most impressive skill you have, or something new you’ve discovered during this time?
Well, since I now had a lot more free time on the weekend, I started an Italian Language course online. I love the country, have friends there and having to go there for Design Week every year, it made perfect sense to do. Though I must confess, it’s really hard to learn a new language, so eventually, if I can even understand a bit of it, I would be happy.
5. When was the last time you felt awe?
The most recently would have to be The Louvre, Abu Dhabi. I had gone for Dubai Design Week in November, and we decided to do a day trip to The Louvre, it was sunset and we were about to leave the museum, it had emptied out and everything about that moment was magical.
6. Complete the sentence…during lockdown I’m loving…
The accessibility to brilliant cross-cultural/global design conversations, through whichever digital medium